TLI41207 CERTIFICATE IV MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVING INSTRUCTION COURSE
Information sessions are held monthly at a cost of $30 (refundable from the course fee). These sessions will give you valuable information about the industry. DTEI (Department of Transport, Energy and Infrastructure) requirements and will help you to achieve competency in the pre-course entry requirements, which consists of your application to DTEI, a pre-course Road Law Assessment, pre-course driving assessment and a pre-course study manual.
The certificate IV Driving Instructors course is conducted over 20 days, in 4 consecutive working weeks. The pre-requisites for this course require the following steps to be undertaken.
1. Application to DTEI
- Before lodging your Instructor’s License Application form you must- sit and pass the language, literacy and numberacy assessment. For information & details for sittings please phone Driver Training and Audit, Oaklands Park 8374 5100.
- You will receive a letter with the results of the above test. If you have met all the requirements, proceed to fill out the Application form “Motor Driving Instructor License” MR244. When complete lodge the form and all documents with a customer service centre.
2. Completing the Mr 224 Application form “Motor Driving Instructor License”
- A police offender history must be obtained (proof of id must be provided to police)
- The medical on the back of the registrar’s application must be completed by your doctor
- Two character references must be provided, these can be from an employer or friends (NOT from immediate family member).
- Two passport photos
- The original literacy result (copy must be presented to your training provider)
- You must be able to meet the criteria for a qualified Supervising Driver